Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Picked up a couple of hitchhikers today.   A young couple somewhere between 16 and 25 years old.   I almost didn't pick em up cause I was just going into town but that turned out to be where they were going too.

I asked them what they did and they said that they road the rails.  All the people that I've talked to that did that stopped as soon as they could because they just didn't like getting beat up.  I mentioned this to them and they said they hadn't had any problems.  I hope they remain lucky.

Anyway I was able to take them where they wanted to go, the South Portland Memorial Branch Library.  They were really grateful and it just made my day. 

Did you know that the South Portland Municipal Golf Course has its own library branch or rather South Portland Memorial Branch Library has its own golf course.  I think that's really neat.

No comments: