Thursday, September 09, 2004

OK so XP sp2 downloaded the other day. No problems here. It recognized my current firewall, ZoneAlarm, and disabled the windows firewall. It did do some funky stuff with Norton but that was just to say that my av program wasn't working when it clearly is.

I absolutely love the popup blocker in IE that came with it.

I run a pretty stock system with no real twist and turns so your results may differ but SP 2 is working for me.

Of course the pop up blocker just blocked the spell check on this post which made me jump through a few hoops to turn that off. I a tad disappointed in that because I thought that it would work with popups caused by clicking on stuff. Hmm perhaps I spoke to soon.

Still it's not giving me loads of trouble and I know where the switch is to turn the pop up blocker on and off, tools>Popup blocker>Turn on/off, so that's not so bad.

No comments: