Friday, June 04, 2004

First Friday in Portland
at Running with Sizzors



Ah art openings, free food free booze people with a clue. Odd how I seem to like that combination. Running with Sizzors at 34 Portland ST did not disapoint. I came and left early but the beer looked like it would go on all night and the food was more than just cheese and crackers. Hot wings and oranges and apples all sorts of good stuff.

Oh yeah there was art, too. My friend, Daniel Minter, invited me. He is one of the resident artists there and his work amazing. Earthy authentic done with feeling. I like it.

The owners work was interesting she said that she had never painted dancers and yet dance that is an extradinary graceful motion could be seen in all her work. Sorry don't remember her name. But the art, all the art is worth seeing.

Show up, it's worth the time.

No comments: