Sunday, December 22, 2002

Under the Mistletoe Party


Went to the Mistletoe Party that nightlifeone put on. I decided early on that I wasn't going to give them a link. Started to think that I wouldn't even give them a review. But I ran into Frank McMahon and Chris Watkin and I realized that It's the folk that I meet that make the trip worth while.

I stayed to the end and the music was much better. Mostly house with some interesting twists. The DJ's did an outstanding job although the volume peaked a bit to much for a brief period in what could only have been a desperate attempt to draw a crowd. I noticed that I didn't rate the music last night. That's because it was just to loud. Tonight it was at least interesting. So once again, I managed to find a couple of folk to keep me from leaving.


The venue worked tonight only because noone showed up. Plush lives up to it's name. Lot's of overstuffed couches and pillows a couple of beds for some rather interesting conversation. It's to small to provide a flow for a good crowd.


nightlifeonline It didn't suck as much as it could have, so here's a link. The potential is there for some good parties. Still no food.


Ratings

People - 3.5 out of 5 quality it turns out can make up for quantity and there was some eye candy though most not all left quickly
Food - 0 out of 5
Venue - 2.6 out of 5
Drinks - 2.9 out of 5 somebody else bought most of my beers but there wasn't a nice lady coming around with shots of strange concoctions in test tubes.
Music - 3.5 out of 5
Overall - got there after 10 stayed til after 1 (closing) more people should have shown up.but I had a good time. give it a 3. not better not worse just different than last night.

No comments: